Monday, April 16, 2007

Midlife Crisis Only for Men?

I just read this comment in a Chicago Times article:

The midlife crisis is more of a problem for men because women deal with issues more intimately throughout their entire lives, while men will neglect dealing with childhood issues or buried emotions until a crisis wallops them.
Are they kidding? Women don't have time to deal with their issues...and don't take time until they experience a crisis. I am so tired of the stereotype that men are the only ones that experience a midlife crisis! I get emails every day from women who are going through the very emotional upheavel that this article goes on to describe. When is the myth going to end that only men experience midlife crisis?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you wrote this. I too get a lot of emails from women suffering deeply. I think the male reaction is different. And I believe more women take it on as opposed to burying it, drugging it or ignoring it.

I like your blog and subscribed.