Sunday, March 11, 2007

One of the Worst Things About A Midlife Affair

Okay, besides the heartbreak that you cause your husband, the havoc that it does to your family, and the way it messes with your mind...having a midlife affair robs you of valuable time and energy that you could have invested in discovering and pursuing your passion! I'm not talking about the passion found in another man's arms, but the passion found in using your natural talents and gifts to improve not only your own life, but to have a positive impact on others' lives as well.

Ask yourself, "Who has suffered because I wasn't doing the one thing that I was created to do?" "Who could have benefited if I was exercising the natural gifts and talents that were given me to improve the world around me?" You will probably never know the answer to those questions, but it is mind-boggling to think about!

Everyone that has been involved in an extramarital affair knows how much time and energy it takes. Why aren't we willing to put that same time and energy into something long lasting -- like a new business, or volunteer work, or (gasp!) our own marriages? I encourage you to do some soul-searching today and think about the kind of impact you could have on the world around you. Is your affair really worth it?

[I know this post doesn't apply to everyone, but there's someone out there that needs to read it. If it's not you, please pass it along to someone that could benefit from it. Thanks!]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I personally have spent SO MUCH time thinking, wishing, planning, wishing some more, thinking some more, wondering, etc.and I'm still in it. I've been "in love" with another for 2 plus years! Fortunately he won't budge as far as giving in his emotions to me & that makes me nuts. All I'm reading makes some sense but WHEN will I come out the other end? I'd just like to be done & over with all this! Thanks for letting me vent.